Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Long shot: Does anyone remember this game?

So my first distro ever was knoppix 3.4 . Sorry if this belongs over in the Knoppix forum, but this is more game related, I thought.

I don't have that disc available to me anymore and I've been lately consumed with thoughts of a game that shipped with it. I have no idea what it was called though! The whole operating system was in German anyway and at the time I couldn't understand heads or tails of anything that was happening, but it was pretty fun.

The game was in third person, and was using Western style sprites as opposed to Eastern- it was not in any sort of anime style. It was high fantasy, and it was a dungeon crawler. If I recall correctly, the dungeons were randomly generated. It had pretty nice graphics too, color and not low-resolution looking.

I don't remember if the enemies would move if you weren't moving.

I've tried searching to see if there was a package list ever posted for 3.4, and I've tried looking on Wikipedia for lists of open-source games that would have been available to pick from then, but nothing seems to match.

Was I just dreaming this game? Did it exist? Thank you in advance for any help solving this mystery!
    Last edited by PikeMinnow; 12-23-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: if this thread needs to be moved

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Great question! Roky's answer may have some hints for you. Me, I'm clueless! Let us know if you find it.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Should you be sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I think so

sent using tapatalk on my android phone