Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Knoppix and I wish to Install Amsn, I downladed "amsn-0_83.tar.gz" but I have absolutely no idea as to how to intall it? it does not have any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I install AMSN?

I am using Knoppix and I wish to Install Amsn, I downladed "amsn-0_83.tar.gz" but I have absolutely no idea as to how to intall it? it does not have any install or setup files? so how do I go about it???
    Im a relativly new user to Linux and I'm not very strong in the command line either , is there anyone out there who can help me?

Linux Engineer
    Here's a great tutorial that you need to have a look at

If any question persist, dont hesitate to share it
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Thank you so much for the tutorial, it helped a great deal and I managed to install and run amsn with out any problem :rock: , however I'm curiose as to weather amsn has produced any bugs to other uses?, I found that after I installed amsn, ran it and then after logging out I was unable to log back though my username and password??? now I am unable to log in completely?...
    all I did was use... $ tar zxf amsn_94.tar....?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Ah well. I never managed to log in to it. Downloaded the tar file, decompressed it instaled it, lovely icon appeared on my desktop (scuse the expression but i don't know what you call it in Linux) clicked on the icon and.................................. nothing.

Just Joined!
    Ah well. I never managed to log in to it. Downloaded the tar file, decompressed it instaled it, lovely icon appeared on my desktop (scuse the expression but i don't know what you call it in Linux) clicked on the icon and.................................. nothing
    when you decompressed it, I suppose a directory was created..
    if it was "amsn-0_94.tar.gz", that directory should be "amsn-0_94"..
    I think you know it..
    so enter that dir and type: ./amsn, and it should run ok.

the config is up to you, friend..
    I hope it works

aahh if you want to have a desktop icon, drag the same "amsn" file onto your desktop and choose "create link" (if you're using KDE or compatibles)

try the login name at msn.com or with another common msn chat client such as gaim, this way you can see if its a account or program issue
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps

i have the same problem?where can i find that tutorial?

Just Joined!

Unhappy installing?

Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps

I found that link didn't work. It just sent me back to the forums....anyway I'm new to linux and I got amsn too on my ubuntu but I can't figure out how to intall it.