Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Multiple USB3.0 cameras with V4L2 not working...

Hi,
    I have a C++ application that needs several USB cameras. I know about the limitations of USB2.0's bandwidth, so I am running with all USB3.0 cameras on a 3.0 bus. I find that even at very low resolution (160x120,MJPG) I get the "no space left on device" error when I attempt to connect to a second USB3.0 camera. As far as I understand, this error from V4L2 indicates that there is no available bandwidth on the bus; however, I can run with one USB3.0 camera in 4K mode (4096x2160,MJPG) which certainly uses more bus bandwidth than two 160x120,MJPG streams would. So it doesn't appear to be a bandwidth limitation; its more like USB3.0 just doesn't want to connect more than one USB3.0 camera. I'm working with a Logitech BRIO.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I'm running Ubuntu 16.04, and using v4l2 API directly.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ed

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you tried using a USB hub with multiple connectors?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Yes... no difference. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that the issue is specific to the Logitech BRIO. I'll know more in a few days, and will post my results.
    Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close