Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Recommendations for video editors, Ubuntu

Hi all
    I've been Linux only for 3 or 4 years now but am not really very adventurous in what I do - browsing, office software, photoediting is about all.

I'm looking for recommendations for video-editors. I already have avidemux and vlc, but at the moment I'm looking for something that will allow me to speed up a video - so that it can be saved in speeded-up form. I've seen help pages for avidemux which suggest i can change the frame rate; however i don't seem to have that option.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. I'm currently browsing for suggestions but of course, personal recommendations based on exactly what I want to do would probably be better.

Thanks in advance for any help

I use Kdenlive, because I use too Sony Vegas and both it's similars

Thank you, I'll have a look at that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Thanks both.

I installed kdenlive and as a video editor it's great BUT I have icons and menu options missing which means I can'tsave audio / voiceover. I've spent hours this afternoon looking into why this might be, lots of people have reported similar problems but so far none of the solutions has worked for me

I also tried Openshot, but it also lacks a built in audio recorder, and am now looking at Shotcut which should have one (I think) but the version I have isn't behaving in quite the same way as the one in the tutorials I'm watching so I'm not quite there yet.

Will keep going and in the meantime another other help, whether with the missing menus on kdenlive or with other suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.

Linux Guru
    i'm sure ffmpeg can do it, too.
    no icons, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupina View Post
    Thanks both.

I installed kdenlive and as a video editor it's great BUT I have icons and menu options missing which means I can'tsave audio / voiceover. I've spent hours this afternoon looking into why this might be, lots of people have reported similar problems but so far none of the solutions has worked for me

I also tried Openshot, but it also lacks a built in audio recorder, and am now looking at Shotcut which should have one (I think) but the version I have isn't behaving in quite the same way as the one in the tutorials I'm watching so I'm not quite there yet.

Will keep going and in the meantime another other help, whether with the missing menus on kdenlive or with other suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.
    What GUI you use? (KDE, XFCE, Gnome...) Probably the problem with icons can be because this...
    Generally to audio recorder community use the Audacity.

I think Avidemux had a plugin for manipulating frame rate, but only for encoding, not muxing.