Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Heres what I think its telling me, It found Glib, but its version 1.2.10 and XMMS only requires 1.2.2. The wierd thing is I downloaded Glib 1.2.2 because thats what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Heres what I think its telling me, It found Glib, but its version 1.2.10 and XMMS only requires 1.2.2. The wierd thing is I downloaded Glib 1.2.2 because thats what the folder is called. So it wonts me to change some configurations and I dont really wont to go and do it by myself because I will probably cause more errors.

Just Joined!
    Most distros include xmms by default...

The best trick is to open your terminal screen, type xmm into it and press the <tab> key twice (the one above your left caps lock).

If the terminal fills in the rest of the word 'xmms' for you when you double pressed tab then you have it installed already! Just press enter to run it.

(beats looking through menus anyday, that does)

I would advise you to not compile too much stuff on your system at first - it can usually get a little messy.

If you are using a linux distro off CD/DVD try checking the rpms/debs/src files on the CD for xmms - if there is, try using the package chooser that comes with most distros. (Add/Remove Programs thingys). You'll find it a little less stressful.

I bet it's installed and hidden from you though! Try the terminal thing first.

Just Joined!
    [gman@localhost ~]$ xmms-1.2.10/
    bash: xmms-1.2.10/: is a directory

I did that and the actual directory came up

try it without the / at the end
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Err didnt work. Im just about to get aggervated with Linux lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4