Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
In root, I can double click on the Audio CD Icon that is on my desktop after inserting a Audio CD in the CD-R Drive and it starts playing, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Playing Audio CDs in FD3

In root, I can double click on the Audio CD Icon that is on my desktop after inserting a Audio CD in the CD-R Drive and it starts playing, but I dont hear no sound. It dectected my sound card and plays the sample sound file. My Volume is up and unmuted, what is the deal? But when im not in root and in my other user name, when I try to play a Audio CD, the media player says drive error. Ive tried mounting, but I havent quite been successful. Any help would be so appreciated, I have been trying to work on this for 2 days now and still havent had no luck.

hmmm... is your user part of the audio group?
    and as far as getting sound off of an audio cd(not mp3's ) is the audio cable attached between the cd drive and the soundcard ?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Engineer
    Audio CD arent playable the same as MP3 of whatever data disk... cannot be mounted either.

Whats the application you try to get it from?
    you need libaudiocd to make this happend....
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    loft306, a lot of people ask me that. But I havent switched or done anything inside the CPU since I switched from XP Pro to FD3. The Audio group deal, how do I get my username to be a part of this?

UgoDeschamps, people kept on saying I had to Mount my CD-R Drive before I could play any Audio Cds on my user side log in.

Example code "mount /media/cdrom /mnt/cdrom" But I dont know?

Im sorry, Im very new to Linux. Ive always been with Windows, which done it all for me

Linux Engineer
    If its mp3 and such yes you need to mount it. if its a regular audio cd, you simply cannot mount it..
    What software are you trying to get audio from?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    I have a PC that has XP Pro then I have a PC with FD3. I download music off of WinMX(www.winmx.com) with my XP machine and then I burn it on a CD. Now all im simply trying to do is play the Audio cd on my Linux machine. The Music I download is MP3 format.

Linux Engineer
    if the cd content MP3, then you have to mount your cdrom...
    then use "amarok, xmms, kaffeine,... " to play tthe mp3 file

Just Joined!
    Ive attempted to Mount it and I just dont think im getting the code right or something. You saw my code in the last couple of post, could you give me an example?

Linux Engineer
    Code:
    mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

mine is
    Code:
    mount /mnt/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom
    ls
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast