Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I have just recently installed UT2004 onto Slackware 10.0, everything went just fine. I then proceded to put in the Play Disc and I mounted it. I ran the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

UT2004 refuses to launch

Hello. I have just recently installed UT2004 onto Slackware 10.0, everything went just fine. I then proceded to put in the Play Disc and I mounted it. I ran the command "ut2004", it will flash me a picture of UT2004 (like Win does), then it will close on me. I finally got angry and ran it through the terminal which says: "Closing due to error". What's going on? Everything has been installed, everything is done. My system is perfectly able to play this game, so what's the deal? Thanks.

Update: Just talked to one of my friends and he said it could be that I need to download a driver and/or I need to install direct x.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Uhh...

Not to sound like a jerk but is anyone here? I really kind of wanted to get UT up because I wanted to show my friend (who hates Linux) that you can play some games on it. Any replies would be appreciated.. Thanks.

Another Update: I found more, now I'm positive it's something with my video. Now it says:

"Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual"

"Exiting due to error"

What does that mean? And how do I fix it?

Just Joined!
    Can you run glxgears? If that errors, you may need to re-isntall(or install) your video card drivers.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    glxgears runs in the terminal. It's just three gears that spins and it tells me the FPS, do I just close it or do I let it run its course? It hasn't errored yet so I think everything is OK but I am going to install a driver for my ATI Radeon card. A driver already has been installed for my Win but do I need to install another one for Linux? Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Yes, if you want 3d accelleration in linux, you need to install the driver there too.

glxgear should run at a few thousand fps, if it isn't, you definatly have no acceleration.