Find the answer to your Linux question:
Possible on Fedora Core 3?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Counter Strike Source?

Possible on Fedora Core 3?

Possible? Well, as most things, yeah it's possible.
    Likley? Uhm... I have no info, but, has CS ever been OpenSource.?.
    But really, what good will the source do with out "the actual game" (ie the combination of data and the underlying software/interprenter)?
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Scientica, I believe what the original poster is referring to is a game released via Valve's Steam Engine around the same time as Half-Life 2. The name of it is Counter-Strike: Source. As for it working on FC3? With Cedega it might; some people have had success with HL2.

As for Counter-Strike being open-sourced? At one time it was a free user modification for the original Half-Life engine, which became so popular it was bought by Valve and sold (though still available for gratis download).

[rant]
    I doubt very seriously that Valve will ever OSS any of their software, as they've made it abundantly clear from their whoring out of Linux servers that they do not care at all about the OSS/Linux community unless it means more machines for their Windows-buying drones to use.
    [/rant]
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants