Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I just emerged duke3d and when I try to run it I get an error saying ERROR: Could not initialize group file "duke3d.grp" I think it might be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

DUKE3d error can't get to run....HELP

Hi everyone. I just emerged duke3d and when I try to run it I get an error saying

ERROR: Could not initialize group file "duke3d.grp"

I think it might be a permissions, or group permissions problem but I just can't seem to be able to figure out and I'm hoping someone's got a quick fix. THANKS
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

I'm not really sure what you're trying to run here. I did a search on "Doom3D" and found that it's a Direct3D port of DOOM. That will not run in Linux, period, since Direct3D is part of the MS Windows operating system.

If you're trying to run Doom, I'd recommend Doom Legacy.

The error message you posted makes me think you're trying to run Duke Nukem 3d, so perhaps you should edit your title. In that case, I can't really help; I haven't tried to run that on Linux yet.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

you are correct...stupid typo...but still same problem.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Have you tried this installer?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants