Find the answer to your Linux question:
Everytime i boot my computer i see an alsactl restore error. It goes by too fast for me to write it down and I have not been able to find ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

alsactl restore error on boot

Everytime i boot my computer i see an alsactl restore error. It goes by too fast for me to write it down and I have not been able to find it in any of my log files. If i run alsactl restore in the terminal i get this error message

No state is present for card U0x46d0x8b2

And that is the same message that i am getting when the system boots. Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix it ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Linux User
    Try setting your levels with alsamixer and then executing 'alsactl store', there's nothing to restore if it hasn't been stored.

Also, you may be having a problem that's present in some faster booting distributions like Arch, in that the the alsactl script is run before hotplug has finished loading the necessary modules. If this is the case you can move the alsactl script to be run last and hotplug at the beginning. If worse comes to worse, a sleep command in the alsactl script will fix it, though add a second or two to the boot time.

Remember, if you boot and reboot without restoring, then your volumes will usually be returned to mute, so you'll have to raise them manually until you get everything working.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe