Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do i install cedega 4.3 in slackware 10.1 i am very new in linux and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be great thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cedega 4.3 install in slackware

How do i install cedega 4.3 in slackware 10.1 i am very new in linux and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be great thanks

Re: Cedega 4.3 install in slackware

Quote Originally Posted by kizuna
    How do i install cedega 4.3 in slackware 10.1 i am very new in linux and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be great thanks
    Download the .TGZ or .RPM files from Transgaming. If I remember correctly, you can install RPM files on Slackware.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Download the .TGZ or .RPM files from Transgaming. If I remember correctly, you can install RPM files on Slackware.
    i dont think you can install an rpm in slackware and i have no idea how to install the tgz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

i dont think you can install an rpm in slackware and i have no idea how to install the tgz
    I'm waiting for a slacker to pipe in here, but I'm almost postive you can install RPMs in slackware. If not, you can always uncompress the .TGZ file (it's kind of like a ZIP file in MS Windows) and then compile the source code inside it from there. However, if you're going to do that you'll want to follow and FAQ like the one on Transgaming.org.

Where did you get these Cedega files?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    You can install rpms in slackware using rpm2tgz. It will make a slackware package out of the rpm that you can install as usual.

[root@yourbox]# rpm2tgz cedega-whatever.rpm
    [root@yourbox]# installpkg cedega-whatever.tgz