Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently completed the migration/installation of FC3 to my computer. I kept a dual-boot mode for now because there are some applications that I'm unsure I can find for Linux. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Digital Camera Image Downloading App?

I recently completed the migration/installation of FC3 to my computer. I kept a dual-boot mode for now because there are some applications that I'm unsure I can find for Linux.

One big one for me is my digital camera software. The camera is a Fuji digital that can create images and short movies (in AVI format).

Is anyone aware of an application that will successfully D/L a digital camera?

I went to the fujifilm.com web site and surfed around but could not find anything except press releases telling the world how wonderful their cameras and software that supports every OS are. Then I looked through the support/software section and found nothing that mentions Linux or anything (other than Win/Mac). DId I miss something ?

Any help would be great!
    --
    jeff

i have a Fuji digital and this is how I do it.
    plug into usb, turn on, then
    Code:
    mkdir /mnt/camera
    mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
    now when you go to /mnt/camera there will be a folder full of your images/video. You can just copy these to where ever you want.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux User
    Something like gtkam? Try searching gnomefiles.org for other possible matches.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It confinues to amaze me how much better living with Linux is

I dunno what things I have installed in this FC3 installation but amazingly, I went to try your suggestion above (plug-in camera to usb, make the directory, mount the dev..) when suddenly a window popped up asking "Do you want to import the images from my camera?"

How cool is that?!!!

I tried it using the pop-up window which I think may be dvcam or something but found the interface a wee bit confusing for file moving and/or deleting off the camera.
    Then I noticed that my desktop had a new icon - a USB symbol on a disc drive.... Hmm? So I just clicked on it directly and voila there were the JPG and AVI files! More

So yeah. It really can be simple. I guess I'm just used to winBLOWs making everything into some kind of fiasco that requires a reboot first :P

Anyway. Thanks again for your help folks. After just about one night, I think I've got ALMOST all the apps found that I need to bail the hell out of windoze entirely.

Now I just gotta figure out how to play my star trek enterprise videos that are currently choking-up the win partition... another thread is coming soon to this forum
    --
    jeff