Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hello once again guys, All of the necessary computer components for the computer will be in next week. This beast will be put together most likely making my g/f a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gaming With Linux

Hello once again guys,

All of the necessary computer components for the computer will be in next week. This beast will be put together most likely making my g/f a lil jealous. I was wondering if there were any differences in gaming with a linux system compare to a windows system. Is there a different way to install them, run them, any problems in game play? I'll have a dual boot system, but I want to get rid of windows completely eventually

Just Joined!
    Well if you plan on playing windows games you will want to get wine x. The built in games r ok aswell

There are a lot of good games avalible. Quake 3, Enemy Territory and such. I recomend you visit lokigames.com and see through the whole list, and buy the game of from amazon or something.

Just Joined!
    The program winex is really one of the only ways that i know of to play games on linux. It is campable of playing games like warcraft 3, diablo2, and medal of honor.

Here's a link to WineX. You have to pay for a subscription to the site to get it though. If anyone knows somewhere to get it for free (LEGALLY) please tell.

you can download the cvs version from sf.net for free, and legally

woah, I'll have to try that. thanks kriss.

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys, Is sf.net the entire link and what does cvs stand for? I'm going to start off gaming with replaying Deus Ex and Diablo: LOD and I'll be new to Giants: Citizens of Kubuto. DX and GCoK came with my audigy and Blizzard games are just....so darn addictive .

Thanks once again

sf.net is a site hosting free software projects. Sourceforge has a pretty decent introduction to cvs here

Just Joined!
    Ok, from sf.net I've located http://www.franksworld.net/wgm/

Looks like what I'll need. Thanks again for the info on cvs and the sf.net site

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast