Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I like to play simutrans . It is a transport tycoon alike game. Development has been taken over a little while ago and I don't know the quality of current ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I like to play simutrans . It is a transport tycoon alike game. Development has been taken over a little while ago and I don't know the quality of current releases but older releases worked fine on my pc.
    http://www.simutrans.de/
    I\'m so tired .....

Quote Originally Posted by *DEAD*
    another thing how well does that cedegra thing work. does it lag like the other games.
    I have used cedega with Steram, and i find it a little slower than windows to load, but once it's up, i dont get any noticable difference in performance to what i get in windows
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    Just wondering, whats actually the minimum requirements for running Americas Army, UT2k4 or Enemy Territory on linux or bsd? Would it work with 256MB RAM and pentium3 733MHz or is that to little?
    Any1 know???

Linux Newbie
    1) all the games u listed should run just fined xpt UT. well UT should work it might b a little slow tho.
    2) when i try to use solid metal 2 i get an fatal error: libGL.os.1 could not be initilized. ne1 have a similar problem.

Linux Engineer
    Just wondering, whats actually the minimum requirements for running Americas Army, UT2k4 or Enemy Territory on linux or bsd? Would it work with 256MB RAM and pentium3 733MHz or is that to little?
    Any1 know???
    I think that with that configuration video card would be a determining factor, a good nvidia or ati should make it work
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Engineer
    I have a "ATI Radeon 7000" using the official xorg-driver "radeon" with "DRI" enabled... Tuxracer, tuxkart and cube all work fine.

jvx
    Just Joined!
    Any1 know???
    Enemy Territory will run fine.
    I don't think, that UT2k4 and AA supports ATI Radeon 7000.
    Anyways, they can be run, but you won't have any good details

Just Joined!
    Half-Life 1 and 2 do NOT run natively in Linux. You must have something like Cedega and even then it usually runs like molasses.
    are you sure if i remember correctly valve put out a linux installer for steam about a year ago. but then again its been that long since ive use steam or even played counterstrike[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf88
    Half-Life 1 and 2 do NOT run natively in Linux. You must have something like Cedega and even then it usually runs like molasses.
    are you sure if i remember correctly valve put out a linux installer for steam about a year ago. but then again its been that long since ive use steam or even played counterstrike
    [/quote]

As far as i know, that's just for the HLDS (Half Life Dedicated Server) Basically running your own counter strike servers etc. When i set that up here, i was also looking for linux installers, but could only find the HLDS stuff.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf88
    are you sure if i remember correctly valve put out a linux installer for steam about a year ago. but then again its been that long since ive use steam or even played counterstrike
    Yes, I'm very sure, because I have boycotted Valve's products in retaliation. Valve does release dedicated server packages for their games so that Linux boxes can be whored out to the clients that only run on MS Windows. Basically they say "Linux is good enough for our servers, but the Linux community can kiss our ass if they want to actually PLAY the game".
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast