Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
with source or the old versions i have a 5200 amd with 4 gb ram (u dont want to know how much this cost) and a geforce 4 64mb (im ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

with source or the old versions
    i have a 5200 amd with 4 gb ram (u dont want to know how much this cost) and a geforce 4 64mb (im getting a gforce 6 soon) do u think that source will work

Just Joined!
    Anyone here know if Anarchy online will run native on linux? I've looked and asked about it but havn't got any answers. Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I have a "ATI Radeon 7000" using the official xorg-driver "radeon" with "DRI" enabled... Tuxracer, tuxkart and cube all work fine.
    ATI Radeo 7000

i had one of those cards till it died. relible as hell. no probs. but could not run todays games worth s***.

Linux Engineer
    another major game for linux...got UO running with wine...and guess what...its even faster than on any version of windows that I've tried.

Plus if anyone here is interested I found a great free shard thats really old school...metropolis

tried nwn and its great, but nothing beats old school ultima--pre renaissance!
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf88
    Half-Life 1 and 2 do NOT run natively in Linux. You must have something like Cedega and even then it usually runs like molasses.
    are you sure if i remember correctly valve put out a linux installer for steam about a year ago. but then again its been that long since ive use steam or even played counterstrike
    I thought they said it would be a year til they released a linux installer

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter
    I thought they said it would be a year til they released a linux installer
    Do you have a link for that article? As far as I know, Valve has never announced the intention for a Linux version of Steam, Half-Life, or Half-Life 2. Perhaps what you're thinking of is the dedicated server?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

FreeCiv. My favourite linux game. Installer? Apt-get
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Has anyone tried playing WW2 Online by Cornered Rat Software? I tried to do a search but it returned 20+ pages and the first 10 threads I looked at had nothing to do with this. Just curious if anyone has tried to play this on a Linux machine, and how it performed...

Linux Newbie
    Whats the reason the games cant just be made to run without using an emulator? Is it illegal?
    Registered Linux user #390336

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley/g
    Whats the reason the games cant just be made to run without using an emulator? Is it illegal?
    If so, you must gain the sourcecode and modify it to work with linux/unix graphics libraries and such. There aren't many commercial games which freely distribute the code opensource, so therefore you must first (illegally) obtain the code to do this. Even if you do, it would take a long time for a single person to port it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast