Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Who knows hich of the HUGE games are out for linux. So far I know: Doom3 Quake (3 methinks) Half-Life 2 Myst 3 Do you know of any others?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Major games on Linux

Who knows hich of the HUGE games are out for linux. So far I know:
    • Doom3
      Quake (3 methinks)
      Half-Life 2
      Myst 3

Do you know of any others?

Neverwinter Nights
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Doom 1, 2, and 3 will all run (one and two require a 3rd party client, like Doom Legacy).

Quake 1, 2, and 3 will also run (Quake 1 and 2 require something like FuhQuake) The easiest way to install Quake 1 is to use the Loki installer here.

Neverwinter Nights has a downloadable Linux client from Bioware.

Half-Life 1 and 2 do NOT run natively in Linux. You must have something like Cedega and even then it usually runs like molasses.

Never heard about Myst 3 working in Linux. Can anyone confirm this?

Unreal Tournament, UT2003, and UT2004 all run natively. UT2003 and UT2004 have Linux installers on the actual game discs.

If you can still find them, (maybe here), Loki Games released versions of Sim City 3000 Unlimited, Descent 3, Myth II: Soulblighter, Railroad Tycoon, Rune, and Heavy Metal: FAKK 2 for Linux. The company has since gone bankrupt but there are some game CDs still available (I have several myself).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Sorry, for whatever reason amazon listed the sound track as being a video game for linux. Same for a demin tshirt............

Just Joined!
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...20649-0567255?
    amazons linux games. SimCity 3ku is there!!!!

jvx
    Just Joined!
    Some more games:
    Enemy Territory
    America's Army

Linux Engineer
    Just wondering, whats actually the minimum requirements for running Americas Army, UT2k4 or Enemy Territory on linux or bsd? Would it work with 256MB RAM and pentium3 733MHz or is that to little?

Linux Newbie
    are these emulated games or natural. i have a fast enough computer to run solid metal 2 and decent 3 (4200 AMD). but in linux they lag like anything. so does tux racer mind you which ive only every started up once. is there any way to make thses games run more smoothly. i mean even the mouse has trouble moving

Linux Newbie
    another thing how well does that cedegra thing work. does it lag like the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by *DEAD*
    are these emulated games or natural. i have a fast enough computer to run solid metal 2 and decent 3 (4200 AMD). but in linux they lag like anything. so does tux racer mind you which ive only every started up once. is there any way to make thses games run more smoothly. i mean even the mouse has trouble moving
    All the games I listed (Doom Series, Quake series, NWN, UT) are native versions. Sounds to me like the problem you're having is with your graphics drivers, not the games themselves. Start a thread and we'll help you.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast