Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've recently switched over from Windows to Linux. However, i've been getting some problems to make Steam run on it. First, i tryed using Wine. It kept crashing on 27% ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Steam problems with Cedega and Wine

I've recently switched over from Windows to Linux. However, i've been getting some problems to make Steam run on it.

First, i tryed using Wine. It kept crashing on 27% of Updating Steam, saying Cannot delete Steam.exe, Win32 Error blah blah Sharing error.

Then i got Cedega, and i found out something. Instead of crashing, it simply SKIPPED from Steam update to Platform update. Dumb thing to do right? Well, i've decided to mess up. On wine dir, i've copyed steam.exe to steamm.exe, runned steamm.exe with cedega. It did updated, but on login screen, i couldn't see any text. So i exited, and opened Steam.exe (the original) with Wine. It opened and all, but before login screen appeared, this got bumped out:

Code:
    You need to install the Mozilla ActiveX control to
    use Wine's builtin CLSID_WebBrowser from SHDOCVW.DLL
    fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {00000000-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} of class {8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2}, hres is 0x80040111
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR70.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Steam\\CSERHelper.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR70.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Steam\\CSERHelper.dll") not found
    I've downloaded of dll-files.com the MSVCR70.DLL, but i don't know where i find the Mozilla ActiveX control thingy. I snooped around, and all i found out its Windows binaries. Since WINE is asking it, the binary might be for Linux, right? So, what i do now? There's a way to make it work with Cedega instead? There's some kind of step-to-step to install and run Steam with Cedega INCLUDING the damn error (i found out that these 2 errors plus the sound ones are the ONLY errors that ever got reported on Wine and Cedega...)?

Help me, please
    Thanks

[/code]

how did u install Steam? I installed it from the steam installer usint cedega.

I get the ActiveX thing aswell, but it still works ok, it just means that u cant c HTML output (usually the motd on a server)
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327