Find the answer to your Linux question:
i downloaded mplayer and installed it. i liked it but i wanted a gui. so i went out and found something called gmplayer. the only problem is that when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

gmplayer cant find mplayer

i downloaded mplayer and installed it. i liked it but i wanted a gui. so i went out and found something called gmplayer. the only problem is that when i go to install it it cant find the mplayer package. i know its installed cause i use it every day. can some1 please help

Linux Newbie
    ?!?!?!?!
    More info, please. Are you compiling from source? What error message are you getting? Have you read the README and INSTALL files? It seems like you're getting an error when you run "./configure", and so you should read INSTALL to know which option to pass to configure to specify the location of mplayer, especially if you have it in a non-standard place, but not necessarily.
    ---sxeraverx---
    Linux without a C Compiler is like eating Spaghetti with your mouth sewn shut. It just doesn't make sense.

Linux Engineer
    That happens if you install mplayer and gmplayer from two different places or two different versions. I had the problem with fc3 myself... uninstall mplayer and get both packages from the same respiratory.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close