Find the answer to your Linux question:
A very good program for this is DVD::RIP. dvd::rip is a full featured DVD copy program written in Perl. It provides an easy to use but feature-rich Gtk+ GUI to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Tip about how to rip DVD's in linux

A very good program for this is DVD::RIP.
    dvd::rip is a full featured DVD copy program written in Perl. It provides an easy to use but feature-rich Gtk+ GUI to control almost all aspects of the ripping and transcoding process. It uses the widely known video processing swissknife transcode and many other Open Source tools. dvd::rip itself is licensed under GPL / Perl Artistic License.
    You can find it at: http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

Debian packages is availible at
    Code:
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
    The package at marillat is called dvdrip.

After you've installed the program and all it's dependencies you've likely going to get trouble with encoding. A message about that 'export_divx4.so' is missing. Don't worry!

Just make a symbolic link named export_divx4.so pointing to export_divx5.so.

Step-by-step: (you have to have root access )
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/transcode/
    ln -s export_divx5.so export_divx4.so
    Just as easy as that!
    I hope that someone will find this useful

Hey there,

I've tried DVD :: RIP but I cant seem to figure out how to make a DVD to DVD copy.

It seems to rip the files to <name_u_give>.vob. Do I just burn these on to a DVD? What folder structure would I have to follow for the DVD??

I haven't checked the file sizes but I do believe they were bigger than 4.7 GB. Is there any way to have the program reduce the file sizes so that they fit??