Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a DVD of World of Warcraft. The DVD comes with both OSX and Windows binaries. I installed cedega, went to install WoW, and came across a problem. Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble with mac/windows disc

I have a DVD of World of Warcraft. The DVD comes with both OSX and Windows binaries. I installed cedega, went to install WoW, and came across a problem. Linux recognizes the OSX partition on the cd, and mounts that. I need to mount the windows version. How do I tell mount to look for a different part of the CD?

I've had this trouble too with Warcraft 3. What I had to do was manually unmount the Mac disc and mount the disc myself. If you do this it will mount the Win32 version of the disc.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    How did you mount it? when I mount it again it just remounts the mac one. Do I need to do a magic flag or something?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrrickhunter
    How did you mount it? when I mount it again it just remounts the mac one. Do I need to do a magic flag or something?
    You shouldn't. In fact, you need a "magic flag" to mount the Mac disc because it uses a different file system (HFS) than regular PC CDROMs (iso9660). Are you mounting/unmounting from the command line or GUI? I'm talking about command line here.

Code:
    umount /mnt/MacDisc
    mount /mnt/cdrom cdrom
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I mounted it just like that, and still get the mac part.
    umount /mnt/cdrom
    mkdir cdrom
    mount /dev/cdrom cdrom #fails unknown filesystem type 'udf'

I've also tried mount -t iso9660, which mounts the mac part I've also tried mount -t iso9660 -o session=2 which should get the 2nd session and see the windows part, I would think.

Are there any tools to look at the structure of a CD?

Hmm. Well, it worked for me, so I don't know what to tell you. Stick around, maybe someone else can help.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants