Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
found it, I've got 'libdvdcss.so.2' in usr/lib as well as 'libdvdcss2' in usr/local/lib. let me just mention that on mepis (which I used previously, also debian based), I had 'libdvdcss.so.2' ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

found it, I've got 'libdvdcss.so.2' in usr/lib as well as 'libdvdcss2' in usr/local/lib. let me just mention that on mepis (which I used previously, also debian based), I had 'libdvdcss.so.2' in usr/lib, as I do now. and it worked fine, both in mplayer and xine.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Not sure if that means you've got mplayer working yet? Or Xine? If not, then try making a link from libdvdcss to all the /lib directories you can find!

Something I forgot to mention above, I only managed to get mplayer running by compiling it from source with the --enable-runtimecpu-detection (that's not the actual command... I can't remember it exactly but it's in the manual).

Then it runs, but not at full speed... at least it says, "This is not optimal"...

Multimedia developers are afraid of getting sued, so they don't usually include the decryption software with the package - this is true for Xine and Kaffeine.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

No, I haven't gotten it working yet. Actually, I was thinking the same thing (to compile from source). I've already downloaded the source and unpacked it, I might do it tonight. Yeah, I know about the decription problems. I remember spending quite some time in suse to get dvd's to play. With debian this is a bit easier, as everything is on the repositories.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2