Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by onlinebacon Dreamcasts rock I have GentooX running on my XBOX, and it is cool- I understand what you mean Richard_The_lionhearted but what difference would it make? Maybe ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by onlinebacon
    Dreamcasts rock

I have GentooX running on my XBOX, and it is cool- I understand what you mean Richard_The_lionhearted but what difference would it make?

Maybe you mean it could be a PC that you could view on your TV screen?
    No. If you wanted that you'd get an XBOX.

Take for example the Dreamcast. It didn't just have Windows CE but needed it in order for the gaming system to run the games. So basically its the center of the Dreamcast. I'm in no way talking about a PC that can be viewed on a television. Because anyone here could probably do that. The PS2, Gamecube and Xbox all have an operating system that runs them. Even if its not on a hard drive. Take for instants the Palm OS.

Linux Newbie
    Windows CE? That's kind of funny... I remember years ago when the DC came out that I remember hearing critics say the console had some stability issues, that it had a habit of freezing and locking up during gameplay. I never put much thought into it, but now I find it humorous that the system happened to be designed by Microsoft.

Embedded systems are very nice. I'm surprised that Palm didn't make a bigger push for gaming on its devices. I own a palm pilot and love the thing to death, but truly great games are just impossible to find (only crummy ones). Ye olde gameboy had better games, and my palm isn't fast enough to properly emulate one.

Linux Engineer
    Have all the downloading, tweaking and compiling of games be done on PC so the console doesn't get bloated.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by a thing
    Have all the downloading, tweaking and compiling of games be done on PC so the console doesn't get bloated.
    That would be cool if consoles compiled their own games! If the code were written well enough, it would do an amazing thing for creating cross-compatible/backwards-compatible consoles.

As much as I'm not an MS fan, and paricularly not in consoles - Do you guys not know that the Commodore 64 OS was Microsoft written?

Man I was kinda sad when I heard that, I love my C64, but it just showed me that MS were cool once. To be honest Windows 95 was always one of my favourite systems.

what kind of hacks are there for the xbox, dreamcast, etc? ive heard of it done, but i dont know what it was. my ps2 always gets a DRE, so I will probably by an xbox pretty soon. or wait for a ps3.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    As much as I'm not an MS fan, and paricularly not in consoles - Do you guys not know that the Commodore 64 OS was Microsoft written?

Man I was kinda sad when I heard that, I love my C64, but it just showed me that MS were cool once. To be honest Windows 95 was always one of my favourite systems.
    I know it's tempting to believe that Microsoft didn't do much outside of DOS, Windows, Office, BASIC, etc, but they've actually done a lot more for computing than people think. I'm not pleased with Microsoft nowadays (mostly because of their business practices), but even I have to admit that they did do good things with technology.

Quote Originally Posted by eatinglemur
    I know it's tempting to believe that Microsoft didn't do much outside of DOS, Windows, Office, BASIC, etc, but they've actually done a lot more for computing than people think. I'm not pleased with Microsoft nowadays (mostly because of their business practices), but even I have to admit that they did do good things with technology.
    My first computer ran MS-DOS and Windows 3.1. However, let us not confuse what Microsoft did in the past with what Microsoft is doing now in the present. This is true in the realm of foreign relations as well. Saying someone "used to be our allies" doesn't help when they "are now firebombing us".
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    Hey, I was using the preterite, wasn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by eatinglemur
    Hey, I was using the preterite, wasn't I?
    Hmm.. yes I suppose you were. I was never good at diagramming sentences in school.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast