Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just stumbled over a 3D GPL'ed game which seem to have pretty good graphics, called Nexuiz ( http://www.nexuiz.com/ )... It should support windows and linux (x86 and x86_64), so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Anyone tried Nexuiz?

I just stumbled over a 3D GPL'ed game which seem to have pretty good graphics, called Nexuiz ( http://www.nexuiz.com/ )... It should support windows and linux (x86 and x86_64), so I'm going to download now and give it a try

Just wondered if anyone else have tried it, and what you think about it? Just hope my hardware is good enough...

Just Joined!
    Seems like another fragfest/run+gun type shooter.

Haven't tried it, but if I ever get a decent internet connection again I will. Looks like a GPL version of the original Unreal Tournament, and that's by no means a bad thing. UT is still a very fun game to play, and it plays on anything, so if Nexiuz is similar and completely free, more power to them.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Haven't tried it, but if I ever get a decent internet connection again I will. Looks like a GPL version of the original Unreal Tournament, and that's by no means a bad thing. UT is still a very fun game to play, and it plays on anything, so if Nexiuz is similar and completely free, more power to them.
    in the current version,there's only deathmatch and team deathmatch(no CTF,but it's beiing worked on),and no bots(which will be released sometimes very soon).It supports maps from quake 1 and quake 3 arena(the engine is based on quake 1),so it's easy to make and import maps with radiant.The modability is great,but you have to code everything in quakeC which I don't know much so I haven't really tried anything( )

My personal opinion is,it's a decent game with a potential to get a lot better in the future.Let's just hope the developers keep up the good work.