Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which genre is you're favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action, Adventure

7 22.58%
  • Arcade

0 0%
  • Board,Card game

1 3.23%
  • Family

0 0%
  • Racing

2 6.45%
  • Role Playing

13 41.94%
  • Simulation

2 6.45%
  • Sports

2 6.45%
  • Strategy

3 9.68%
  • Other(please give example)

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted It's for the PS2. I think. It can be found here Personally I think it ruins the game. Last I checked..it was a movie to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted
    It's for the PS2. I think. It can be found here

Personally I think it ruins the game.
    Last I checked..it was a movie to be released on DVD, not a game.

Just Joined!
    The playable sequel you might be referring to is "Dirge of Cerberus", in which Vincent is the main character.
    http://www.ffspirit.net/ff/7dc/index

Linux Engineer
    RPG, wish there were better ones for Linux, or any console for that matter...before the developers ruined it with AOS, Ultima ONline was my favorite game...I still play under wine on a great free shard that follows old-school rulesets...

Played a few other rpgs; however, for some reason I could just not get into NWN...maybe I'll try it again soon...I used to be a big D&D person...sadly I don't know anyone who plays now
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I rather like FPS's and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine type of action/adventure.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Newbie
    It's a tough call. I gew up during an exciting time for computer gaming (VGA was something new and amazing, the most advanced games had soundblaster support). The majority of games I played and owned where action/arcade; platform/sidescrolling games, vertical scrolling space shooters, you name it. The only other thing my family owned was adventure games (read: King's Quest), and my only RPG experience was with Quest for Glory, which was undoubtedly my favorite. We also had Wolfenstein, but my mother wouldn't let me play it (good thing too).

Later when I got my SNES, I got sucked into the RPG genre. For years after that, I spent the most time playing RPGs, so I'm going to have to choose that as my favorite, though there is a special place in my heart for those old DOS games.

Linux Engineer
    Does anyone remember or know where I can get a version of Descent to Undermountain. For some reasong that sticks in my mind as the best D&D game to date...man would I love to play that again!

Linux Enthusiast
    I like many genre's but RPG is my favorite

Many RPG fans here. For me, it's a tough call between racing games and RPG's. I choose racing games, because I've probably played more of those than I have RPG's. I started with Grand Prix 2, Midtown Madness, TOCA 2 (probably the best), Viper Racing, all the numerous Need For Speeds, F1 2000, Colin McRae...

From RPG's, right now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights (sadly not on linux). I also have a Icewind Dale game on hold...
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    RPG's for me, with Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment shining out, Neverwinter Nights is good, but only because of all the kickass mods.

@genesus
    Descent to Undermountain, didn't I see that somewhere on the underdogs?

Linux Engineer
    couldn't find it on underdogs unfortunately...how I would love to run that on wine though...hell I might even try a freedos for that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast