Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which genre is you're favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action, Adventure

7 22.58%
  • Arcade

0 0%
  • Board,Card game

1 3.23%
  • Family

0 0%
  • Racing

2 6.45%
  • Role Playing

13 41.94%
  • Simulation

2 6.45%
  • Sports

2 6.45%
  • Strategy

3 9.68%
  • Other(please give example)

1 3.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
i am the only one that voted sports. i feel left out...... no one likes sports games?? come on, madden has to be one of the best games ever. (very ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i am the only one that voted sports. i feel left out......

no one likes sports games?? come on, madden has to be one of the best games ever. (very good drunk game)
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted
    I have Morrowind for the Xbox. I never really play it though. It takes some time to get use to the control's. It's hard to even find what you're suppose to do. It's like do whatever. Also why aren't there any children in Morrowind? The closes I've seen of a kid was a wood elf.
    I couldn't play Morrowind on a console system. You don't get the expansion packs, you can't customize your graphics settings or resolution, and as you said, the controls are just atrocious. The idea behind Morrowind is similar to that of Grand Theft Auto or Animal Crossing: it's a sandbox game.

There are literally thousands of things to do, and you're pretty much free to do them all in any order unless you choose to follow the main story (which is also good). If you want some structure I recommend joining a guild or talking to Caius Cosades in Balmora. He'll have some jobs for you.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by jamey112
    i am the only one that voted sports. i feel left out......

no one likes sports games?? come on, madden has to be one of the best games ever. (very good drunk game)
    I guess it's because we're all nerds here

I was never really good at sports games but I've always liked the create a team and player thing. But since I was so bad at them I would always have to simulate a game. Gets quite boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe

I couldn't play Morrowind on a console system. You don't get the expansion packs, you can't customize your graphics settings or resolution, and as you said, the controls are just atrocious. The idea behind Morrowind is similar to that of Grand Theft Auto or Animal Crossing: it's a sandbox game.

There are literally thousands of things to do, and you're pretty much free to do them all in any order unless you choose to follow the main story (which is also good). If you want some structure I recommend joining a guild or talking to Caius Cosades in Balmora. He'll have some jobs for you.
    Already did all that.

You are right though the PC edition was reviewed as being much better than the Xbox edition. You only get one expansion on the Xbox and that's if you buy the "Game of the Year Edition". It's also not very good when the Xbox crashes. Word of advice :Save often

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    nice one. i'm a fan of role play too Baldur's Gate is the best, followed by the other bioware games (Icewind Dale, NWN etc.) then FF7 then a good FPS game.
    Hey did you play Baldur's Gate on the Dreamcast or PC? I'm kinda curious if anyone has played it on the Dreamcast.
    sorry, i played it on the PC. i got a DVD of it from a friend. i belive it might have been part of a gift set with a piece of hardware. good game though...
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Newbie
    Strategy. The best RTS game that I have ever played would have to AoE2, and then Rise of Nations.

But I was quite impressed by Battle for Wesnoth, I think its an amazing game. And then I found another one called Battle of Survival. It's similar to Red Alert, really good game.
    Linux could do with some more Strategy games though.
    Registered Linux User #395492
    My blog: http://www.khooban.com/nucleus/?&blogid=2
    Desktop (Cassius) Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512MB SDRAM, 40, 60 and 80GB HardDisks, DVD/CDRW! Laptop (Copy) AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz, 448MB RAM, 64MB Radeon Graphics, 60GB HD, DVD/CDRW!

linux could do with more games full stop! admittedly there are quality titles released instead of the crap that windows users get foisted on them. isn't AoE published my M$? i know the first one is, so good luck trying to get a linux port of that lol.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Newbie
    Sadly they're both made by M$. I wish they weren't.
    Registered Linux User #395492
    My blog: http://www.khooban.com/nucleus/?&blogid=2
    Desktop (Cassius) Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512MB SDRAM, 40, 60 and 80GB HardDisks, DVD/CDRW! Laptop (Copy) AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz, 448MB RAM, 64MB Radeon Graphics, 60GB HD, DVD/CDRW!

Linux Newbie
    simulation, although they can be some of the most difficult games out there.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Quote Originally Posted by mechmaster
    simulation, although they can be some of the most difficult games out there.
    I picked up a copy of SimCity classic for $2.99 a few weeks ago. The graphics aren't as pretty as SimCity 3000, but it so simple and addictive.

On a somewhat related note, I'm checking out a SimCity clone I found on HappyPenguin.org called "LinCity-ng". It has promise.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast