Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which genre is you're favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action, Adventure

7 22.58%
  • Arcade

0 0%
  • Board,Card game

1 3.23%
  • Family

0 0%
  • Racing

2 6.45%
  • Role Playing

13 41.94%
  • Simulation

2 6.45%
  • Sports

2 6.45%
  • Strategy

3 9.68%
  • Other(please give example)

1 3.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
right now the only sim games that i have and like are, MSFS 2005, Jane's USAF, and the Sims. I also have SimCity2000 for PS1, but i havent played it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

right now the only sim games that i have and like are, MSFS 2005, Jane's USAF, and the Sims. I also have SimCity2000 for PS1, but i havent played it in a awhile.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

i managed to gt FM2005 running in wine but it won't save. ah well, unless FM2006 can promise better support then i will stick with NWN.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by warrion_2000
    Strategy. The best RTS game that I have ever played would have to AoE2, and then Rise of Nations.

But I was quite impressed by Battle for Wesnoth, I think its an amazing game. And then I found another one called Battle of Survival. It's similar to Red Alert, really good game.
    Linux could do with some more Strategy games though.
    How was Rise of Nations? I saw some clips and thought it looked interesting . Personally I like some strategy games, like Command and Conquer. But they get quite boring after a while. I think it was Age of Empires II that really put me off.

Just Joined!
    Starcraft.......stupid question is it porterd to linux yet or will it ever be..?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by antisaint
    Starcraft.......stupid question is it porterd to linux yet or will it ever be..?
    Blizzard will never port to Linux (at least that's the last I heard). Runs pretty good under wine/cedega...

I'm a FPS kind of guy; any kind I will play.

RPG/MMORPG are cool too, but it has to be a good one. Fable held my interest for a long time, as did Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Oh and who could forget World of Warcraft?
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted
    Quote Originally Posted by warrion_2000
    Strategy. The best RTS game that I have ever played would have to AoE2, and then Rise of Nations.

But I was quite impressed by Battle for Wesnoth, I think its an amazing game. And then I found another one called Battle of Survival. It's similar to Red Alert, really good game.
    Linux could do with some more Strategy games though.
    How was Rise of Nations? I saw some clips and thought it looked interesting . Personally I like some strategy games, like Command and Conquer. But they get quite boring after a while. I think it was Age of Empires II that really put me off.
    Rise of Nations is nice. I has good graphics and its quite deep. For example, you need to research Commerce, Civic Centre, Military, etc to increase the number of people, cities, or caravans you can make. You also need to research these techs to advance to new ages.

Then resources are basically unlimited. You can make farms, mines, lumber camps, trade routes(depends on your commerce research), and Universities to get knowledge.

It's an Empire Earth clone with lesser ages. The university thing and the techs are kind of new.
    Registered Linux User #395492
    My blog: http://www.khooban.com/nucleus/?&blogid=2
    Desktop (Cassius) Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512MB SDRAM, 40, 60 and 80GB HardDisks, DVD/CDRW! Laptop (Copy) AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz, 448MB RAM, 64MB Radeon Graphics, 60GB HD, DVD/CDRW!

finally someone else picked sports!
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5