Find the answer to your Linux question:
when I load up nwn the whole screen has shifterd up and left (no, just the picture, not the actual monitor) and the bits it has moved from are just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

neverwinter nights screen moved

when I load up nwn the whole screen has shifterd up and left (no, just the picture, not the actual monitor) and the bits it has moved from are just filled in black. This problem persists when playing no matter what I do. The position of the screen changes depending on the resolution the game is running at and I cant even reach the 1024x768 res. (on the other hand I can run the game fine with no slow downs and with every graphics option maxed except shiny water on a geforce2 mx400 :P)

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Linux Newbie
    i know this happens to me sometimes. Do you have little buttons on the front of the monitor that can allow you to adjust your screen size and position etc.? Otherwise personally i am not sure how to fix it any other way. Hope this helps
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Just Joined!
    thanks - i have got the buttons but I am loath to use them as i then would have to move the screen back after I finished playing. Does it only happen occasionally with you? or s it with certain games/programs? Also is that driod/roboty thing from kotor or is it just random?

thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by HumanPrototype
    thanks - i have got the buttons but I am loath to use them as i then would have to move the screen back after I finished playing. Does it only happen occasionally with you? or s it with certain games/programs? Also is that driod/roboty thing from kotor or is it just random?

thanks for the help
    It used to happen to me more frequently when I had a CRT monitor. Now it just shows up randomly, usually when launching OpenGL 3D games like Quake 3. Occasionally on my dual-boot system I'll swap from Linux to MS Windows and the screen will be offset like that too. I just have a little "Auto-Adjust" button on my monitor that shifts it back over.

Looks like the evil assassin droid from KOTOR to me. Haha.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    wierd - thanks for all the help, wish i had an auto adjust button - manual adjust sucks...

and thats wat the droid looked like to me 2, just wasnt sure

My screen is also offset, but only in Morphix. In vector and windows it's fine. I also have an 'auto adjust', I think only LCD's have them... (I never had one on a CRT, but I've seen them on quite a few LCD's).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPrototype

thanks for the help
    no problem, it usually happens to me when i boot something, or do a fresh install of something. the droid is from actually vgcats.com...its an online comic, i think its from some sort of Star Wars
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115