Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
I really enjoyed Frozen Bubble and SuperTux, but finally got tired of both of them. Lately I've been playing Maelstrom. It's an Asteroids knock off with interesting sound effects....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I really enjoyed Frozen Bubble and SuperTux, but finally got tired of both of them. Lately I've been playing Maelstrom. It's an Asteroids knock off with interesting sound effects.

Linux Engineer
    Yeah, I used to play a lot of maelstrom on my dad's box when he had rh7 installed...

Well, here's some of the ones I like:

cube (3d, 1. person shooter, fun if you run a network-game, thought single-player is fun too)
    ppracer (based off tuxracer, you should all try it )
    abuse-sdl (port of abuse... Nice game, but I suck)
    njam (multi-player pacman)
    bzflag (really good, ad don't use lots of resources, but I have been kicked from servers before because of high ping)
    wormux (does'nt support AI's or networking yet AFAIK, but other than that: great game. I want worms world party to functionate too, but I can't even get it installed in cedega/wine)
    frozen-bubble (really fun when you're bored)
    atanks (First got into it because I missed "pocket tanks" from windows, fun game)
    wesnoth (Bad gfx, but I don't care, it's fun)
    scorched3d (Another scorched-tanks like game, but in 3d)
    castle-combat (fun when you someone to play with )
    glob2 (fun game :P)
    supertux (mario-like game)
    planeshift (nice MMORPG, only downside is that it lags on big, open spots, old comp u know )
    xevil (The first game I installed on my linux box, thought that was v1.x, but it's still fun :P)

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by New Order
    Quote Originally Posted by antisaint
    hey at least it is a good game for linux quit trying to be a pestimist and have a good time....(been listening to system )
    Actually Im a big CS player, and never had much luck with cedega and cs 1.6
    cs has to be the easiest game i ever emulated, download steam, update, get cs, play...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Pshhh... last time I bought a "linux" game from micro center (after the sales person assured me that everything on that 1/16th of a shelf they set aside for linux was for linux) the damn thing turned out to be a Mac game... Fortunatly I'm getting an IBook for college...
    if im corrent mac is unix based

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    Pshhh... last time I bought a "linux" game from micro center (after the sales person assured me that everything on that 1/16th of a shelf they set aside for linux was for linux) the damn thing turned out to be a Mac game... Fortunatly I'm getting an IBook for college...
    if im corrent mac is unix based
    Mac OS X (not OS 9 or below) is based on the Mach microkernel and parts of BSD, so yes, it is "Unix-based", however that doesn't mean software written for OS X will run on a Linux or even BSD platform. The OS itself relies heavily on proprietary code from Apple. Not to mention, the game previously mentioned was more than likely made for an older Macintosh OS, like OS 8 or 9, in which case it wouldn't run on anything other than that.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    neverwinter nights is a native linux game thats fun. Also battlefield 1942 fun but you have to use cedega to play it. Iv goten a lot of windows games to work in linux, CS, HL, battlefield 1942, starcraft, and warcraft 3. They run faster even by using cedega they still run faster than on windows.

Just Joined!
    I have a copy of sid miers ALPHA CENTAURI that i obtained accidently thinking it was a windows game.

If I can ever manage to install linux I will be trying this.

Linux User
    i found wineX cvs very nice, its free and will do prety much the same thing as cedega, theres an installer for it somewere (i dont remember were) and P2P is lame anyway. that will help you with direct X games, ive gotten various games working including EQ2, WoW, Knight-Online, counter strike, counter strike: source, Halo, and several other games WORKING on linux, i got them working and i had no 3d acceleration and figured out i needed a nvidia graphics card (after all that work).

Linux Newbie
    Just found out. Medal Of Honor: Allies Assault is now native to linux. EA LA hired a guy to port MOH:AA to linux. =D

http://www.icculus.org/~ravage/mohaa/

I've played the demo for the game Darwinia which has a linux port... I found it rather good. One must defend a Darwinia which is inside a computer from an evil virus...you even get updates such as the version numbers of your squads
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast