Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Well if you want a learning system, try evolutionary computation...it mimics the natural selection and genetic models of the real world to find solutions to problems...if you know the basics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Well if you want a learning system, try evolutionary computation...it mimics the natural selection and genetic models of the real world to find solutions to problems...if you know the basics of evolution and a bit of programming, its pretty fun to have a go....

try

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.../EC/clife/www/

That site is almost everything you would want to know in an overview. Evolutionary computation can be used for games, some people on my course used it for connect four etc....

Just Joined!
    But that isn't AI, it's not Intelligent.
    Yes, you are probably right about that, and it wouldn't be much fun, to be beaten every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    But that isn't AI, it's not Intelligent.
    Yes, you are probably right about that, and it wouldn't be much fun, to be beaten every time.
    Something I learned about in college when I visited a game development company was the idea of a "waggle". The game that the company was working on at the time was Freelancer, and we asked them about the computer AI.

They said they had to make the computer ships a little bit dumb in order to give the player time to react, thus there was a method called "waggle()" that did just that: slowed down the computer-controlled ships for just a second or two so the game wouldn't be impossible for a human to beat.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    true, though I've always wanted to make a program like that just to prove that I could. Unfortunately, I dont have nearly the attention span to finish. I have several programs that I've started entitled TicTacToe.java, which display a pretty menu, then a gameboard, but there is no computer player whatsoever.

hal
    Just Joined!
    i have done last year a 4 in line game. the computer could play quite well until you find out its flaws.. maybe itll beat you up in the first games you play. what it does is check if its in danger and if not, tries to attack.

now im working on a chess game...spooky..:/ i have programmed all the rules and validations and it works very well with 2 human players.. predicts moves to know when is xequemate and all that. but ill try to give in some AI. but maybe java wont be the best language here, i think it will become a bit slow..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2