Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install Flashplayer but I kep getting the msg incompat1ble with architecture (x86_64). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this? Thanks in advance...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FlashPlayer

I'm trying to install Flashplayer but I kep getting the msg incompat1ble with architecture (x86_64). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

Linux Engineer
    have you downloaded the 64-bit package? Maybe a stupid question, but you never know... Have you found anything on it on Google?
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    Thats the problem, currently FlashPlayer does not support 64 bit according to macromedia! It does an architecture test and fails on x86_64

Just Joined!
    There is no 64 solution for Flashplayer, but I helped myself this way: I installed Firefox 32 bit and all plugins, including Flash Player in 32 bit version. It works. (Mandriva 2006_64)

I sent them (macromedia, now a part of adobe) an email asking them about 64 bit support, and they told me that there are no plans for a 64 bit Linux version. I dont know if they meant at all, or just in the near future. Maybe if more people were to go nagging them about it, they'd change their minds?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/