Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hmmmmm try linux hense DUEL boot

Quote Originally Posted by rootFORlife
    *cough* DUAL *cough* Every time someone says "duel boot" I think of the two operating systems dueling it out with lightsabers over who you'll use today...

Vader: "Embrace the closed side of the source!"
    Luke: "NEVER!"
    Registered Linux user #270181

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by rootFORlife
    *cough* DUAL *cough* Every time someone says "duel boot" I think of the two operating systems dueling it out with lightsabers over who you'll use today...

Vader: "Embrace the closed side of the source!"
    Luke: "NEVER!"
    lol

i think UT2003 has good performance under linux too. dunno about 2004, though it does have a 64-bit demo that (last i checked) is linux exclusive so you'll have bragging rights over your 32-bit friends.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    i think UT2003 has good performance under linux too. dunno about 2004, though it does have a 64-bit demo that (last i checked) is linux exclusive so you'll have bragging rights over your 32-bit friends.
    oh.. you'll have more bragging rights, you can poke them with sticks while they watch you play...
    GAH!!!

Linux way better, at least with GL,

My experience is that open gl native games (most newer ones, cause gl's better than DX) run faster on linux. In windows, open gl is implemented on top of DX, thus another layer besides the kernel to go through. In lionux open gl is rather native. Jedi knight II and Jedi academy are two games I can definietly say run way better in linux than under windows XP. tried it with both and same hardware. I could host a game with lots of bots with everything jacked up online with no lag or anything!!!! Windows lagged just starting up!! (not technically lag, but you know what I mean) Linux great for games, even under cedega, you should get the newest version, though (of cedega) I recently got star wars battlefront running under cedega, go linux have fun, Linux saved my Cyrix!!!!!!

slackwarebilly

(Cyrix is actually second computer now I have an AMD 64)

how'd you get jedia academy working under linux? i want to play that...
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Cedega

I just used cedega. Things to try are getting the latest version of cedega, trying different distros (I've had the most emulation success with slackware), and there are other things I could tell you about it, but make a new thread somewhere else and I'll help you with it if you direct me to it.

hope I can help,

slackwarebilly