Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i don't think halo will ever work on linux. it was published by MS and there is no way those boys want "the enemy" to play their beloved game. doom ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i don't think halo will ever work on linux. it was published by MS and there is no way those boys want "the enemy" to play their beloved game. doom 3 and neverwinter nights run on linux (doom 3 would require a good graphics card though).
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Hacker
    I can't just go out and get a new card I gotta make this one work I'm sure there is a way to make it work.
    you can get it running quite simpily, it just wont work with games, it will be slow and buggy, esspecialy on 3d games...

i have tested their new driver, hardly worth swiching ur X manager(i didnt have a supported one) it was worse than the last one and very buggy...
    you can attempt using a ati card, but its not gona work well. you might be able to trade one of ur friends, if u dont have the money... well then ur just screwd

Just Joined!
    Well if anyone is willing to give me one of their older nivida cards. I will tell u my address and such. I also could help u out with a few things. talk to me on aim or m

brandonsluke@hotmail.com (msn)

halomodder2 (aim)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    the only one i could send u would be 32 mb :P

Just Joined!
    ok that sounds good. i would really love it if you can.

Check out the pm I sent you.

Just Joined!
    Hey everyone i'm back.

Anymore ideas?

Just Joined!
    I am In Suse Linux 9.1 now. Maybe somone could help me out. I think this is the distro for me.

well, all distros are essentially the same for running games. if you search for the games in google linux
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2