Find the answer to your Linux question:
can anyone help me I am trying to build my first linuz box. All I have left is the DVD burner which one would be recommended for digital editting on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dvd drives

can anyone help me I am trying to build my first linuz box. All I have left is the DVD burner which one would be recommended for digital editting on a new machine???

Pioneer A09 or 109 dvd burners come highly recommended. I use the 109 myself and so far i have had no problems. It is an excellent drive and I got it for cheap .

At present I would stay away from the Sonys as they are basically rebadged liteon's.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Any more, most dvd burners are supported in Linux. I've yet to pick one up that's NOT supported hardware, and I've gone through a good 8 of 'em in the past year (I wear 'em out quick).

If you're looking to do a lot of dvd burning, though, sadly, Windows is your best option. There's too many problems with burning and copying dvds in Linux from what I've seen in the past.

oz
    forum.guy

Re: dvd drives

Quote Originally Posted by decokeman
    can anyone help me I am trying to build my first linuz box. All I have left is the DVD burner which one would be recommended for digital editting on a new machine???
    I've had good results with Plextor drives, but you'll usually pay more for them than you would for most other drives. Don't be afraid of DVD burning in Linux because it can do anything Windows can do, although the method might not always be as apparent as it is from within "point and click" Windows.