Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I just installed Unreal tournament (the original) the installer worked fine, mounted the disk proceeded with install, then started up UT. After I start it up, everything is choppy, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unreal Tournament

Hey, I just installed Unreal tournament (the original) the installer worked fine, mounted the disk proceeded with install, then started up UT. After I start it up, everything is choppy, the opening scene, the mouse movement, the entire game. my computer has a 996MHZ Pentium 3 and an nVidia Geforce MX4000 with the appropriate drivers installed. Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

You mentioned you have the appropriate drivers installed, but do you have the latest drivers installed? Just a guess... if you're not having any trouble with other 3D games that's definitely strange.

Latest (7667) Nvidia drivers here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I'll try reinstalling the drivers, thanks for the quick response. Ut2k4 lags a bit, but I'm at the very minimum hardware requirements for it, so that's explainable. and the only other game i've played is counter-strike 1.6 through cedega (and that totally sucked)