Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by bigtomrodney I'm all gravy now Me too, installed Cedega 4.4.1, and all sorted. Found a new toy now though. Recently installed NeverWinter Nights thru portage All i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    I'm all gravy now
    Me too, installed Cedega 4.4.1, and all sorted. Found a new toy now though. Recently installed NeverWinter Nights thru portage All i needed to install it was the CD-Key!!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    Gentoo, cedega and steam:

I was getting the same error, about:

Code:
    Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 Attempt to read from virtual address 7471641 .....
    Yet i thought i had cedega 4.4.1 installed. Though i'm not sure which steps were necessary My fix involved also installing point2play (point2play-small-2.0.3.tgz) then unmerging cedga and merging it again. I noticed when i unmerged that the output was talking about an older version of cedega. Perhaps something from the old-version got jammed? Perhaps I was missing the latest point2play and so cedega 4.4.1 didn't successfully install?

So, there's a variation on the fix.

with gentoo you download the cedega .tgz files into /var/portage/distfiles/

(gentoo)
    # emerge --usepkg transgaming-fontinstaller
    # emerge --usepkg point2play
    # emerge --unmerge cedega
    # emerge --usepkg cedega

and then steam would run again. Reinstalling cedega and running steam lead to this warning (but it now works, which is the main thing)

Code:
    Updating TransGaming config and registry info
    WARNING: Your old config file has been moved to config.old. Any modifications you made to this file
    will have to be replaced.
    Update complete

Just Joined!
    "Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 StructuredException at ########: Attempt to read from virtual address 0 without appropriate access rights."

Sweet...can anyone help me fix this for Windows?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2