Find the answer to your Linux question:
alright... i am going for a new setup... i want: dual head (i have monitors), and on one screen i want to be able to have tv input. so, what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

time for a new setup...recommendations?

alright...
    i am going for a new setup...
    i want:
    dual head (i have monitors), and on one screen i want to be able to have tv input.
    so, what i need is two graphics cards, one with tv input....
    i want to be able to have pretty good res and be able to play games and watch videos in good quality.
    any recommendations for hardware? software? do i need upgraded drivers...and what is opengl...is that necessary for gaming?
    (i have $120-$130 (USA) to spend)
    -tuxxman

Linux Engineer
    You can put both monitors on one card - saves you some money. As for a TV out, I think every recent card has one, so that's no problem. Try nVidia's 6600 series.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    Do you mean tv input as in Telivison on your monitor? Or as in your computer on your tv?

If you wan't cable on your tv you can use a video capture card. Which there are quite a few for linux. If you want to output your monitor to your tv, I think almost every card comes with SVideo out. If you wan't your tv to be displayed on your monitor, I think there is a way, but i'm not to sure about it.

Like said above, you might just want to stick with one card. and the 6600 series are the ones to check out.

OpenGL
    Because I can't explain it myself very well

-Nihilanth

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    tuxxman, my Geforce FX5200 and WinTV Primio FM work a treat together (as you know) Though ideally, i'd go for a bit better graphics card.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327