Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I need a gaming distro that can play such MMORPG games as guild wars and World of Warcraft and such FPS games such as Counter strike. Anyone know of one?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need a good Gaming Distro

I need a gaming distro that can play such MMORPG games as guild wars and World of Warcraft and such FPS games such as Counter strike. Anyone know of one?

I don't game, but I don't think it's dependent on the distro. I think it's dependent on the game.

http://www.transgaming.com/

There's no such thing as a gaming distro.

I'm a gamer, and I can tell you that you may be best off dual-booting with Windows (I'm considering starting it back up again so I can play Evil Genius).

I'd recommend you look into Cedega, which allows you to play (some) Windows games. There's a Games Database at:

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/

Note that Cedega costs $5 / month.

Just Joined!
    Well... That kinda sux... I wanted a free distro that could play em. I heard of a distro named sumthing like Mexuiz... I dont remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ShagMonkey
    Well... That kinda sux... I wanted a free distro that could play em. I heard of a distro named sumthing like Mexuiz... I dont remember.
    Oh, most of the distros are free. Cedega isn't. You may just have to dual-boot. That's what a lot of folks do.

Just Joined!
    I dont want my computer to have windows on it. I dont like all the crashing! I figured a gaming Linux would be better. Having swap and all... Maybe ill find one... maybe not...

Again, there is no such thing as a gaming distro. Every distro is built on the exact same core: the Linux kernel. The main issues are proprietary Windows libraries and DirectX. Cedega offers DirectX support, but again, it's not universal.

Windows doesn't crash if you use it properly. If you're going to only use it for gaming, you'll be fine. Just keep a firewall up, use Firefox if you must use the Internet, and don't do anything foolish.

Linux Enthusiast
    Would it be possible to make a gaming distro

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude500
    Would it be possible to make a gaming distro
    not really, i gues u could put winex+wine in it default but besides that :-/

Linux Enthusiast
    What's winex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast