Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just got a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 (it contains the Winblows as well as Linux version). In the CDROM, there's a shell script called linux-installer.sh. When I executae ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

UT2004 Install problem

I've just got a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 (it contains the Winblows as well as Linux version). In the CDROM, there's a shell script called linux-installer.sh. When I executae this file (no, it does not need CHMODding), it says "/bin/sh : bad interpreter : permission denied". I've got the same problems with Crossover Office, although I corrected it by editing the file and replacing /bin/sh with /bin/bash. What's the problem and how do I solve it?

PS : I'm using Ubuntu 5.10
    Registered Linux User #394578

Just Joined!
    If you haven't been using sudo, try
    Code:
     sudo sh linux-installer.sh
    It couldn't hurt, and you should probably be running the installer with root privileges anyway.
    By the way, congrats on getting your 3d acceleration working. My low-quality SiS integrated gpu doesn't even have accelerated linux drivers. UT2004 runs at ~1/2 frame/sec.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks a bunch! That worked.
    Registered Linux User #394578

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Similar Problem

Hi,
    I have a similar problem with my copy of UT2004. I mounted the DVD-Image and tried to execute the linux-installer.sh shellscript as follows:

I logged in as "root"

#cd /mnt <-- folder I mounted the image in.
    /mnt# sh linux-installer.sh

But Linux only gave back a message: "input-/output error".

I managed to install UT once before and I also remember that I had the same problem but solved it by entering another two-letter-command replacing "sh". Unfortunately I forgot to write it down.

So please help me maybe you know the command or know some other way to make that shellscript work!!!

Martin

:: PS: I Use the dummy distro (SUSE Linux 9.3)