Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello - just installed K3B- looks cool, and everything appears to be working when I copy a CD... BUT... It only copies the first five songs! I tried with a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

K3B only copies 1st 5 songs-???

Hello - just installed K3B- looks cool, and everything appears to be working when I copy a CD... BUT... It only copies the first five songs! I tried with a couple different CDs- same thing- after 5 songs, nothin'!

Any idaes or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Just Joined!

K3B has gone mad !!!

Dear

I've never experienced such a thing in life with K3B.

Can you send me the step by step screen shots of how u copy the songs to spiders_corp@yahoo.co.in

May be then I can post some help.

c u

Re: K3B only copies 1st 5 songs-???

Quote Originally Posted by phreakshew
    Hello - just installed K3B- looks cool, and everything appears to be working when I copy a CD... BUT... It only copies the first five songs! I tried with a couple different CDs- same thing- after 5 songs, nothin'!

Any idaes or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Are you copying the CDs by inserting the original and telling K3B to copy it? Have you considered ripping the tracks and burning them to CD that way?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

yeah I was trying to copy it-

I had put the audio CDR in and clicked "copy CD" and when it was done it ejected it and I put the blank CDR in and it finished. It looked like it was doing fine, even said there was 12 tracks on it. But when I went to play it, it only had the first 5 tracks. It did the exact same thing with another CD also.

I was thinking about ripping the tracks and then burning them- I will try that next.

ALSO--- I tried configuring my other CDROM drive and tried burning on the fly as well-- it took over 2 hours to burn and I only had 1 song ?!?!?!

Re: yeah I was trying to copy it-

I had put the audio CDR in and clicked "copy CD" and when it was done it ejected it and I put the blank CDR in and it finished. It looked like it was doing fine, even said there was 12 tracks on it. But when I went to play it, it only had the first 5 tracks. It did the exact same thing with another CD also.

I was thinking about ripping the tracks and then burning them- I will try that next.

ALSO--- I tried configuring my other CDROM drive and tried burning on the fly as well-- it took over 2 hours to burn and I only had 1 song ?!?!?!
    Are the CDs copy protected? That can tend to mess with burning applications. What speed is your CD writer?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

cdrw is 52x32x52

I guess the CDs may be copy-protected--? They are regular store-bought CDs. I never had a problem with that using Nero in Windows though...

The CDRW is 52x32x52.

Re: cdrw is 52x32x52

I guess the CDs may be copy-protected--? They are regular store-bought CDs. I never had a problem with that using Nero in Windows though...

The CDRW is 52x32x52.
    If the CDs are newer than about a year ago, there's a pretty good chance they're copy-protected somehow. Some schemes don't affect Linux (mostly software-based). Others do (inserting random garbage in between tracks, purposefully bad sectors, etc).

However if Nero didn't have any trouble I doubt that's the issue. I've actually never run into this problem before. I usually don't copy CDs verbatim, I rip them first and burn the tracks. I'd give that a shot first.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

trouble ripping

um, I'm having trouble ripping...

1st, K3B loads up, and I see 4 options: New Data CD Project, New Audio CD Project, New Data DVD Project, Copy CD

I had been trying to use Copy CD but I was having the problems stated above.

I looked at the K3B Handbook, and tried to follow the instructions" Quickguide - Burning an Audio CD in 4 Steps."

I selected "New Audio CD Project", but was unable to drag - n - drop the files, nor was I able to right click - add to project.

How do I rip the songs then? Am I overlooking something???

Oh. Sorry. I don't rip CDs with K3B (not even sure if that's possible). I use another ripping program. There are lots. You might have one called "GRip" or "KAudioCreator".
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants