Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I had starcraft installed a long time ago on Linux but was only able to play it in single player with a No-CD-Crack. Well this time I installed it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Good old starcraft.

Hello. I had starcraft installed a long time ago on Linux but was only able to play it in single player with a No-CD-Crack. Well this time I installed it again but want to be able to play it online. Well I installed both starcraft and brood war. But every time I go to play it the stupid "please put in CD then click OK" thing comes up. How can I get it to work with out a No-CD-Crack? Id like to play it online again and the last time I was able to was when I had Winblows... I tried looking around google but couldn't find any thing that was really good help. Found an old 2002 How-To-Do but it was crap and was how to install it with Wine and get it to work with Wine when I installed it with the new cedega 4.4.1..

Please help!

I have it working perfectly under Cedega 4.4.1.

There's a similar problem with Warcraft 3, where the no-CD dialog shows up even if the CD's in the drive. You might try running the following command when the mmtime=#### comes up in Cedega.

Code:
    eject /dev/hdc   <-- Whatever your CDROM device is
    Do that in another terminal, obviously.

If you're running this from Wine, try it whenever the Starcraft splash screen shows up (if there is one; can't recall, and can't check now). This is how you get Warcraft 3 working, at least.

Linux Newbie
    That didn't work but I was able to get it to work . Just had to make an ISO of the CD. Mount it. Go into Cedega folder "/home/adam/.transgaming/" open the config file but made a copy of it first then change my CD roms to read /mnt/iso, cdrom, cdrom and bam it worked. SC works like a dream. If any one needs help installing SC just email me, IM me on aim at agentdunken and I can help you.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I made a How-To guide for Starcraft and if you guys want it just email me at someguy108@gmail.com