Find the answer to your Linux question:
i bought DVD [ HIde and seek :robert de niro ] but it gave an error while i was trying to acces to cdrom..error is "UNABLE TO MOUNT THE SELECTED ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unmount dvd problem..

i bought DVD [ HIde and seek :robert de niro ] but it gave an error while i was trying to acces to cdrom..error is "UNABLE TO MOUNT THE SELECTED DEVICE.THE VOLUME IS PROBABLY IN A FORMAT THAT CANNOT BE MOUNTED" what should i do..?.

Linux Newbie

DVD

Aloha,
    What Distro you on? Is it a DVD drive or CD Drive? Do you have libdvdcss loaded to decode it? As you can see a lot of questions here.
    Mahalo,
    Edward
    GNU/Linux is a powerful Free OS. Fear is a powerful motivator. Freedom is sweet. Fear GNU/Linux. Savor Freedom.

Just Joined!

information

i am using mandrake 10.1...and i wrote mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom and i can see what files in dvd...but xine program or kaffeine closes after i choosed dvd icon...i installed libdvdcss..also libdvdreadl..do i need to do anything ro play dvd..help..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    I don't think you need to mount it, just use direct access to the drive. In XINE press the "DVD" tab at the bottom of the controller window. If it crashes, try starting it from a terminal.

Linux Newbie

DVD Playing

Aloha,
    In kaffeine all you need to do is select the Open DVD or it might be Play DVD. I installed kaffeine as well and installed only libdvdcss and DVDs work fine. I am on Fedora Core 4 though and not sure of the difference if any from Mandrake. Only other thing I have done is downloaded the Windows Codecs set and put them in /usr/lib/win32 but those are for avi, wmv and like that. Please let me know how it works out.
    Mahalo,
    Edward
    GNU/Linux is a powerful Free OS. Fear is a powerful motivator. Freedom is sweet. Fear GNU/Linux. Savor Freedom.