Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
All , I have a Sony (digital Photo) camera, as I wanted something that creates mpegs rather than .avi I film short sequences (dance steps) and would like to cut ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cut Mpeg tools ?

All ,

I have a Sony (digital Photo) camera, as I wanted something that creates mpegs rather than .avi

I film short sequences (dance steps) and would like to cut out the techniques... sometimes even a slow motion might be of interest.. so thats it.

Having Suse and MPlayer, I tried out the Main Actor, however forget it: it is easy to use and works well, however the trial version does not save the videos.. and 199 Euro is too expensive for my twice-a-year editing.

I tried the mjpegtools, but weirdly enough they seem not to accept mpeg as input. Also trying to start glav results in a short appearance with a quick disappearance of the window... without any traceable error message....

Hence I am in the process of trying the mediainlinux.org CD image.. however I must warn you: the mirror is awfully slow (75-160 Kb/s...)

Concerning the other topic I can help you: for photo-webpages I mainly use picasa (the other two on my webteam use XP.... so an XP tool had to be used) I recently downloaded a picasa .rpm from Google that I will test on my Suse distribution....

When creating webpages the photo editor program digicam (I used 0.7.4) is just as good. The only thing that I missed in digicam is the feature to correct tilted images... on the other hand I find the red-eye correction on digicam much easier to use and more effective than on picasa.

Just Joined!

Wink

I have given up trying to download the mediainlinux.org image. The mirror site used limits bandwidth in order to get you to consider becoming a paying "premium member".

I experienced download rates of up to 160 KB/s.. and then the image did not work..... after more than one hour of downloading....

Currently trying the dynebolic.. got a really fast ftp here....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2