Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed Counterstrike Source by downloading the game from Steam. Steam works fine, and it shows the "Browse Games' menu thing. But then when i double click CS:S, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Counterstrike Source using Cedega 4.4.1-1

I have just installed Counterstrike Source by downloading the game from Steam.
    Steam works fine, and it shows the "Browse Games' menu thing. But then when i double click CS:S, the screen goes black and then X locks up.
    I am using SuSe 9.3 and i have the nvidia driver installed, but im not sure if i have opengl.
    thanks
    -tuxxman

Just Joined!
    i'm positive it is due to the recent updates valve has released. Idk how some people are working and some aren't.... I've been trying to figure out what is the problem but...no one knows....not even Valve... they think its just problems with people that use Windows ME, but its also affecting people that use XP (and obviously people that emulate Windows on linux).

Just Joined!
    this is pretty dumb though........it works for my friend just fine, he has almost the same hardware as i do, and the same suse version and .rpm used.....
    anyone else have an idea of actually fixing it?
    -tuxxman

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close