Find the answer to your Linux question:
im using kde and bored with the splash image of it thou im able to download the login windows but the splash image is still that RED hat default i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to change splash image in kde

im using kde and bored with the splash image of it thou im able to download the login windows but the splash image is still that RED hat default i did change the gnome splash logo by calling gconf-editor but what for kde ??

any freak of good looks

You can do this in the KDE controle center.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!

hey where

where in control center i can't find ??

It's aged since I was in kde, but I remember it was someware in Styles/Appearence
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    its not in that i didn't find some body said that there is kde screen named default change it but that can't be change any other option?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by recklinux
    its not in that i didn't find some body said that there is kde screen named default change it but that can't be change any other option?
    Yes, it is under "Appeareance --> Splash" or something like that. I think there's 3-4 which comes with KDE. New ones, check kde-look.org

some detailed info for more KDE splash screens

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    Quote Originally Posted by recklinux
    Yes, it is under "Appeareance --> Splash" or something like that. I think there's 3-4 which comes with KDE. New ones, check kde-look.org
    Thats correct. Control-Center > Appearance and Themes > Splash screen.

One can also download more KDE splash screens from http://www.kde-look.org/. Look at the left side of the page, where it says "splash screens". Click on that. Look at the various splash screens and download to a directory /home/yourname/splashscreens (or something like that) the screens that you want to keep. Don't decompress the files, but rather keep the files as number-name.tar.bz.

Then go back to Control-Center > Appearance and Themes > Splash screen, select "Add" and navigate to your directory where you downloaded the splash screens (/home/yourname/splashscreens) and select the screens you want to add to your list. ...

Good luck

Just Joined!
    Hi
    that is i think with the higher versions of KDE im using red hat 9 with kernel 2.4 i didn't have the changing option of splash screen option at Appeareance --> Splash . ?? i hope u know any other way .