Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok ... i saw a couple of unresolved posts on this ... i have found on sourceforge that there are drivers that appear to support the nostromo n52 speedpad ... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

nostromo n52 .... anyone use it?

ok ... i saw a couple of unresolved posts on this ... i have found on sourceforge that there are drivers that appear to support the nostromo n52 speedpad ... however i am looking for user feedback as to whether or not this works and is fully supported ... i ask because my nostromo has been sitting in a box for a very long time (because i got away from games for a while) because of the urgings of l_n i have installed and now re-obsessed with descent (god i remember clanning up back in the kali days ... d2 ... {DMC} Dark Mavericks Collegiate... and our rivals ... the monolithic [PPG] Pyro Pilots Guild.... the pride i had with a low kali serial ... IPX networking over the internet on a 28.8 modem!!! MINERVA!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!) but i digress....

point ... i am playing D3 again... i would like to use the nostromo without having to pop into windows... wanna know if anyone has done this (the nostromo use i mean) and their thoughts on it!

thank you
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

Just Joined!

I have one too and found a driver website.

google for linuc nostromo linux driver and you can find the website. I can't get it to work for my machine since it is a work one and i don't have root access so i can't install the program. I can get the default buttons to work. My machine basically thinks the nostromo is a keyboard. I have not figured out a way to change the key mapping for it without messing up my main keyboard at the same time. I am pretty much a linux noob so there isn't much I can do when something doesn't work after following the basic instructions.