0 0%
  • Quake 4

5 18.52%
  • UT (in all its guises)

7 25.93%
  • Wolfensten ET

7 25.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by kbk
    I still have troubles downloading things that size on here . I tried using Konquerer and it still froze up at like 20%. I'll have to download it on my Mac and burn it to a cd-rw and put it on this computer. Or install another distro and see if it'll work..
    Just get the url and use wget from the command line. It works very well and you can resume downloads that have stopped. wget is the only way to download!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefann
    Actually most people here have jobs or school, and in previous topic(s) about a clan we realized this and don't want to have a giant hog-all-your-free-time clan, but than again I read the last thread about 2 days ago so my memory is shaky.
    hmm.. if it's not a hogallyourtiimeclan, then I might join

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by kbk
    I still have troubles downloading things that size on here . I tried using Konquerer and it still froze up at like 20%. I'll have to download it on my Mac and burn it to a cd-rw and put it on this computer. Or install another distro and see if it'll work..
    Just get the url and use wget from the command line. It works very well and you can resume downloads that have stopped. wget is the only way to download!
    Wow thanks a million Dan.

i might soon want to try playing with Unreal tournament again. i never got it working under linux due to a chipset problem.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Engineer
    I first voted Cube, but I just tried Enemy Territory... I guess I'll vote that instead

EDIT: Removed 3 clones of the post
    I didn't think the post went through, it was some kind of smtp.php error or something when I submitted, so I tried again... And again. And again. And again.

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    EDIT: Removed 3 clones of the post
    I didn't think the post went through, it was some kind of smtp.php error or something when I submitted, so I tried again... And again. And again. And again.
    That happened to me elsewhere. Seems to be fixed now.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

ok, so i take it that the favourite games are enemy territory and UT? if these are the most popular, should we play both games or just focus on one? if it's the latter, then maybe we should conduct another poll with just UT and ET in so that the people that voted for different games (like me) can choose again. what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    ok, so i take it that the favourite games are enemy territory and UT? if these are the most popular, should we play both games or just focus on one? if it's the latter, then maybe we should conduct another poll with just UT and ET in so that the people that voted for different games (like me) can choose again. what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    That sounds sane. I'm another one, I first voted cube, and I'll gladly play it, however et is real nice too and if the majority is for et, I'll play et

I still haven't tried ut, so I can't comment on it.

im unbelievably happy that ive finally got 3d accel, got ut2003 installed which is my vote. however cube froze my entire pc when i tried to quit it and now it wont run, so i'll have to give that one a miss!
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463