Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installing the nvidia drivers according to this howto: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia I have a Nvidia Gefore FX 5500 I would like to disable VSync, how can I dot it? Thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nvidia VSYNC

I installing the nvidia drivers according to this howto: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia
    I have a Nvidia Gefore FX 5500
    I would like to disable VSync, how can I dot it?
    Thanks.

Re: Nvidia VSYNC

Quote Originally Posted by LoafOfBread34
    I installing the nvidia drivers according to this howto: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia
    I have a Nvidia Gefore FX 5500
    I would like to disable VSync, how can I dot it?
    Thanks.
    Don't get the driver from Ubuntu repo's, download it on NVidia's site for one, I ALWAYS get problems on ANY distro downloading a driver over apt-get, yum, etc.. Even though I have a ATI card it's the same ballgame
    • 1. download the drivers off NVidia
      2. get the sources for your kernel
      3. run the installer
      4. run the config tool for the driver
      5. ???
      6. PROFIT!!!

NOTE: The last 2 lines are a regular joke on the geek news site(Slashdot) pay no mind to them.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Linux User
    i totaly dissagree get it from the apt-get source and follow that guid, its easy and quick and it works flawlessly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well it works fine for me so Ill stick with it. How can I disable vsync?

Linux User
    if you followed all those, start up gnome-termal or what ever you have and just type nvidia-settings and you should be able to find it there...

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    i totaly dissagree get it from the apt-get source and follow that guid, its easy and quick and it works flawlessly
    me too, nvidia drivers worked fine on every package managment system I've downloaded them through...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    Work spot on for me too. I did try the way that it says on the nVidia site, and found it to be a real nightmare, so I did it via synaptic instead, and it work effortlessly.