Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Isn't he tring to run GTA:VC, I guess it doesn't make a huge diiference, but it might take a little more power though...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Isn't he tring to run GTA:VC, I guess it doesn't make a huge diiference, but it might take a little more power though

Linux Newbie
    I don't see why everyone always complains about this... I'm a gamer and I'm having a hell of a good time gaming on linux!

Commercial games I've successfully run in one way or another on Linux:
    (native= runs on linux naturally)
    (faked= used cedega, wine, or some combo of both)
    Quake 4 (native)
    Quake 3 (native)
    Quake 2 (native)
    Doom 3 (native)
    Neverwinter Nights (native)
    -Shadows of Undrentide (native)
    -Hordes of the Underdark (native)
    -Various Other Mods (native)
    Diablo (faked)
    Diablo II (faked)
    Descent III (both)
    Homeworld (faked)
    Homeworld Cataclysm (faked)
    Half-Life (faked)
    Baulder's Gate II (faked)
    Dungeon Siege (faked)
    Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (faked)
    -Firestorm Expansion (faked)

I am not listing any of the several excellent open source games I've got working, such as Neverball, NetHack, etc... Nor am I listing all of the NES, SNES, and N64 games I emulate on my machine either.

No I am not an expert in any way, shape, or form (yet, I'm getting there). But I am highly motivated to get every ounce of performance out of my machine, which includes gaming. Sometimes you just have to work a little bit before you play.

I actually like Cedega 5.0 (Don't shoot me please), and Wine comes in handy too.

Or you can dual boot. But I refuse to work with any windows equipment, so that's not an option for me... There are plenty of options for a gamer on linux!
    Cause the whole world loves it when you don\'t get down.
    And the whole world loves it when you make that sound.

Linux Enthusiast
    Yeah, but to pull it off, you need a pretty good computer

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude500
    pshhh... this thing's 2 years old!
    Cause the whole world loves it when you don\'t get down.
    And the whole world loves it when you make that sound.

In all fairness, you need a pretty good computer to run 3D games in ANY operating system, MS Windows included.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    That's what I was trying to imply

Just Joined!
    not really cos i run hl2 with about 20pfs avg. on a 1.2ghz p3(overclocked), 512ram and R9550.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by afroguy013
    I don't see why everyone always complains about this... I'm a gamer and I'm having a hell of a good time gaming on linux!

[LIST]

I am not listing any of the several excellent open source games I've got working, such as Neverball, NetHack, etc... Nor am I listing all of the NES, SNES, and N64 games I emulate on my machine either.

No I am not an expert in any way, shape, or form (yet, I'm getting there). But I am highly motivated to get every ounce of performance out of my machine, which includes gaming. Sometimes you just have to work a little bit before you play.

I actually like Cedega 5.0 (Don't shoot me please), and Wine comes in handy too.

Or you can dual boot. But I refuse to work with any windows equipment, so that's not an option for me... There are plenty of options for a gamer on linux!
    These are all great games, but they are more FPS, RPG, or strategy games. I'm not saying this is a bad thing (as I enjoy strategy and FPS), but I also really enjoy racing games such as the Need For Speed series....one thing I really wished worked under linux.

Generally I'm really happy with linux gaming, but it just seems restricted to a certain group of games. A couple of genres that seem to be lacking some in linux are racing and flight simulation. I wished there were more (car) racing games in linux...than i would have no complaints at all. Wine won't even work with NFS, and from what I understand neither does Cedega

Linux Enthusiast
    There seems to be a promblem with getting bigger games like huge RPGs and Big shooters to run on linux without any promblems, of course most games are made for windows, but maybe one day all games with be cross-platform

Just Joined!
    There seems to be a promblem with getting bigger games like huge RPGs and Big shooters to run on linux without any promblems, of course most games are made for windows, but maybe one day all games with be cross-platform
    Highly doubtful, take a look at our average WoW player.

1) Unhealthy
    2) Types in caps, frequentley
    3) Acts like a total idiot, in swift relation to your comment.
    4) Computer illiterate

Will he care if WoW gets ported to Linux? I doubt it. Like the average Linux user cares if nvidia's 3d drivers get ported to NetBSD or not. The majority of windows users have never even heard of Linux, let alone would beg game companies to start porting their games to Linux. Stick to cedega, it's ******, but it works. End of story.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast