Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I think 4, not sure, stop using around a year ago. The main games I like are SIMS2, total war, phoaroh and some even older games. I got a bit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I think 4, not sure, stop using around a year ago. The main games I like are SIMS2, total war, phoaroh and some even older games. I got a bit upset when more people voted against Sims2 than for. The real stick was becouse I bought sims1 for Linux and got a free 3 month membership to Transgaming. When there was no comment on Sims2, I kinda left. I was paying money, but could not play any games that where not native to linux.
    Dont get me wrong, it started really well, winex3 will run civIII, a game I like, but stopped in later versions.
    I now mainly play what ever I get for linux, and windows just has Sims2, I do everything else on the Linux side, but I need to really get excited to play on the windows side.
    Sorry for being so negative, I can gaurantee that there are more people who support and like Cedega than against it, but they kinda let me down, to memory there was only about 20 of us wanting Sims2, to about 180 odd for half life 2, so the majority win I'm afraid. Check the site, they have a list of supported games with an easy measurement and I am sure you will find a favorite game supported!! Subscribe to the news letter, I'm sure you dont need to be a mamber, and the staff are very diverse and interesting.

oh hey forgot ... did anyone mention about www.happypenguin.org its a good start point to find games to play. I think I spend more time looking than playing, and I am always keen to support commercial native linux titles (not a huge fan of UT but always buy it and play a bit). Some may have seen comments on a game I came across recently. There is a new company that is porting, unfortunatly I have forgotten the companies name (any one remember please let me know), but they are planning to do X2 the threat.

Linux Enthusiast
    So there's a company that is porting games, is it from windows to linux or the other way around

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude500
    So there's a company that is porting games, is it from windows to linux or the other way around
    It's Linux Game Publishing. They're porting MS Windows games to Linux. I don't see much point in a company going "the other way around" since most Linux games are open-source and have MS Windows ports already.

http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Wouldn't this give a bigger library of games for linux though

Wouldn't this give a bigger library of games for linux though
    I'm not understanding what you're saying here. How would porting Linux games to MS Windows help the library of Linux games?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Oh I'm sorry, I though they were porting MS Windows games to linux, I read it backwards

Oh I'm sorry, I though they were porting MS Windows games to linux, I read it backwards
    They are. Linux Games Publishing is porting MS Windows games to Linux. What confused me was you seemed to be asking whether they were going the other way around...
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Wait if they are porting Ms windows games to linux then this would make a bigger library of games for linux like I said

Just Joined!
    sounds good, http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/products.php? link to the games they have done and are doing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast