Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone I've seen some posts on this but no real answers. I have firefox 1.5 and macromedia flash but I get no sound. I have sound with every other ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

flashplayer sound + firefox 1.5

Hey everyone I've seen some posts on this but no real answers. I have firefox 1.5 and macromedia flash but I get no sound. I have sound with every other program and embedded video in firefox. I've tried disablinlg adblocker to no avail. If anyone has had this problem and found a solution or possible solutions I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Oh I'm using ALSA and onboard video but this shouldn't matter much.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Man i've been trying to find an answer to this for some time. Tried lots o' little things but nothing has worked. I read somewhere that it has something to do with KDE and sound will in fact works under gnome.
    If you ever do find a solution make sure to post it!!

well I use gnome so that doesn't have anything to do with it. It used to work for me a while back but I don't really know what's changed besides updating firefox. I've continually do updates and didn't pay attention when flash broke. I will post if I find an answer
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

That is odd, i remember it working for me a while back too. It was when i first installed SuSE 9.2. Then all of a sudden it stopped working.

Banned
    has any1 added the bug to bugzilla?

what bugzilla?

Second, I don't know exactly when it stopped working or what I did resulted in the break. So my report would basically be flash player not working? Without more information I feel this wouldn't be a proper report on my part but if you have any suggestions on how I can get more info on why it isn't working then please let me know and I would be glad to report.

I found this on mozillas bugzilla page......

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=265200

The description sounds about right to me. The bug was reported over a year ago, and i also don't know how to send a better report than that. But maybe if more people report this we might find out some useful info on getting it fixed.